Kakani / Shivapuri and Nagarkot Village trek is one of the finest trekking routes around Kathmandu valley. The trek is named after the Shivapuri National Park, which is regarded as the nearest National Park from the International Airport. It is just 25 km from the capital, Kathmandu. Even though being so close yet it provides a visitor a glimpse of the remoteness and the grandeur of the villages found in Nepal. Shivapuri Village (2729m) is a true spirit of Nepalese village experience and hospitality.
This trek offers various activities to keep oneself busy during the stay be it in the form of Nature Treks and Hikes, Ethnic Village Tours, Bird Watching, Photography or just a simple relaxing leisure. This is a fantastic hiking tour from Kathmandu. It offers a rich insight into the lives, history, culture and religion of its inhabitants. Shivapuri hill (2729m) is the highest point of this trekking. From the top of Shivapuri, one can have a panoramic view of the western mountains like Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Ganesh Himal Range, Mt. Langtang Range, Mt. Dorjeelakpa Mt. Shisapangma, Mt. Gaurishankar and many more. In short span of time one can see more than sixty peaks from here. When we gain our height to Nagarkot, we would see other mountains too. Nagarkot is the most popular point for viewing mountains, sunrise and sunset, beautiful landscape, river and beautiful scenery green hill. The Shivapuri National Park, initially established as Shivapuri Watershed Reserve in 1976, Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve (SWWR) in 1984 and located 12 kilometers north of the Kathmandu metropolis, was gazette in 2002.
Having breakfast at the hotel in Kathmandu, we drive to Kakani (2066m.) the trek starting point and trek to Hi Hill. We would be walking through the forest and along the ridge with spectacular views of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang and Jugal Himal. Overnight at Kakani.
After breakfast, we trek from Kakani to Shivapuri (2729m.). It offers a rich insight into the lives, history, culture and religion of its inhabitants. Shivapuri is the highest point of this trekking. From the top of Shivapuri, one can have a panoramic view of the western mountains like Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Ganesh Himal Range, Mt. Langtang Range, Mt. Dorjeelakpa Mt. Shisapangma, Mt. Gaurishankar and many more. Overnight at Shivapuri.
We wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise over the snowcapped mountains. We would have breakfast served around 7:00am. After breakfast, we start our trek to Chisopani (2194m). It takes about four hours to reach. Chisapani is another view point of sunrise and sunset. Lantang region can also be seen from this point. Besides, we would explore tribal culture and mountain lifestyle. Overnight at Chisopani.
Today we trek from Chisopani to Nagarkot (2175m.). Nagarkot offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountains, quality accommodation, and high standards of service. In close proximity to the Kathmandu city - a mere one hour drive from the city and just half an hour from the airport is so near, yet so far away from the hustle and bustle of urban life. Well known as a place to watch beautiful sunrises and sunsets, Nagarkot is much more. Besides the fresh air and peaceful atmosphere, Nagarkot is also a place to acclimatize for high altitude adventurers. It is a place to listen to the sounds of silence for philosophers and for honeymooners, a setting to romance with nature. No doubt, Nagarkot is a place to relax your mind and body, be in touch with the beauty of nature, experience Nepal, and escape the hectic demands of city life.
We will awake early to watch the spectacular dawn. Having viewed the sunrise, we take breakfast at the resort and drive to Dhulikhel. It is about an hour’s drive east of Kathmandu. We can see an impressive vista of the snowy central Himalayas making a backdrop to the gentle hills. It is an old Newari trade station en route to the Tibetan plateau and today it is an ideal place for visitors to enjoy natural environment, the local lifestyle, old Newari culture and spectacular views.
Today, we take walk to the thriving Newari village of Panauti. The walk begins by going south out of Dhulikhel and then turning west past south rice fields.
Panauti is wedged between the Punyamata and Roshi streams. Panauti forms the shape of a triangle with a serpent (naga) idol standing at each of its three corners to protect from floods. Pride of this place goes to the massive, three-tiered Indreshwor Mahadev. Some authorities believe this to be the original structure that was raised here in 1294 AD, which would make it the oldest surviving Nepal. The shrine area at the sacred confluence called the Khware’, is one of those tranquil spots that can intercept a dreamer for hours. On the way one can have an opportunity to come across lovely temples and interesting old houses, particularly beautiful areas some fourteenth century wooden temple struts. Having taken about six hours on foot journey, we drive to Kathmandu.
- Transportation for Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu by Tourist Coach
- Accommodation for two nights in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Annapurna conservation fee of USD 27 per person
- TIMS fee
- Transportation form Pokhara to Nayapul and from Phedi to Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Lodge trek with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation in tea house lodge.
- Services of English-speaking trekking guide and porter (We will provide one porter for two people and the maximum weight carried by porter is 25 Kg in total)
- Accommodation, meals, transportation, equipments, and allowances of guide and porter
- Insurance for Guide and Porter.
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if necessary.
- All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Any accommodation, meals and other services in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- Bottled drinks (mineral water, any cold drinks, and alcoholic drinks).
- Your travel insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips for guide, porter and driver, laundry, bar bill, telephone calls etc.
- Any airfare and departure airport tax
- Liability for expenses against sickness, flight cancellation, road blockage, accidents and other occurrence beyond our control
- Any other cost not mention above in cost includes.
About Cost Info:
- To apply and organize this trip, we required minimum 2 persons.
- Cost in USD 1397 per person on room sharing basis. (By overland) and USD 1350 per person on room sharing basis.(By air)
- Airfare of Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu - USD 238 per person.
- Airfare of Pokhara/Jomsom - USD 113 per person.
- Airfare of Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu - USD 204 per person.
- (Above airfare subject to change without prior notice by airlines).
Extra payable (if wish to travel by flight):
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at email@example.com|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|