Kanchenjunga straddles the border with Sikkim in the remote North East region of Nepal . The third highest mountain in the world it is one of the most inaccessible and formidable of the entire Himalayas. The trek in is a long and often an arduous one. Kanchenjunga's proximity deters all but the most avid mountain enthusiasts. A journey, which takes you through scattered settlements of thatched farmhouses with colourful flo wer gardens, wild coniferous woodland and on to remote Buddhist settlements where people scratch a living from the barren land. The climax of this trek in both altitude and scenic splendor is undoubtedly the three days hike up the Kanchenjunga glacier where the views are quite simply overwhelming.
At 8598 m. Kanchanjunga, is the third highest peak in the world. It lies in a sensitive restricted area astride the Nepal/ Sikkim border, only a few miles from Tibet. Our trip will avoid the restricted area and head for the Yalung glacier immediately to the south of Kanchanjunga.
The journey starts with a trek over the Mahabharat Lekh range with majestic views of both the Everest and Kanchanjunga massifs with the Arun Valley between them. We trek through richly cultivated hillsides, Rhododendron forests and yak pastures that lye below the glacier. The return route heading west passes through some delightful villages of Taplejung. The panoramic views of Everest, Makalu and Kanchanjunga are magnificent on our descent to the road head.
- Day 01: Fly, Kthamandu to Birathagar / drive to Basantpur (2200m)
- Day 02: Trek to Chauki (2700m)
- Day 03: Chauki / Gupha Pokhari (2930m)
- Day 04: Gupha Pokhari / Nisum (2000m)
- Day 05: Nisum / Dovan (921m)
- Day 06: Dovan / Chirwa (1270m)
- Day 07: Chirwa / Sekhathum (1660m)
- Day 08: Sekhathum / Amjilassa (2510m)
- Day 09: Amjilassa / Kyapra (2730m)
- Day 10: Kyapra / Ghunsa (3595m)
- Day 11: Ghunsa rest
- Day 12: Ghunsa / Khambachen (4040m)
- Day 13: Khambachen / Lhonak (4785m)
- Day 14: Day trip / Pangpema
- Day 15: Pangpema / Khambachen
- Day 16: Khambachen / Ghunsa
- Day 17: Trek around Glacier (up to 5540m, if you want) / high camp
- Day 18: High camp / Ramche
- Day 19: Ramche / Tseram (3870m) back to Ramche
- Day 20: Ramche / Amchekhola
- Day 21: Amchekhola / Ponphe
- Day 22: Ponphe / Kande Bhanjyang
- Day 23: Kande Bhanjyang / Lal Kharka
- Day 24: Lal Kharka / Taplejung
- Day 25: Taplejung / fly Kathmandu /transfer hotel
Note: The best season for this trek is March to May and October to December. The trek can be operated in both teahouses and under the canvas on request, as well as possible to combine with some other activities such as white water rafting & wildlife safari. The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. For price and further information, please e-mail to us.
- Updating ....
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at email@example.com|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|